Asian Tigers China Update! Further optimizing the prevention and control measure of COVID-1923 Nov 2022
The Chinese government released a circular on further optimizing the COVID-19 response, announcing 20 prevention and control measures on 11th, November. It is a sign that the dynamic zero COVID policy in China has entered into a new stage.
20 measures to optimize prevention and control
- Cut isolation for close contacts to 5 days at a central facility and 3 days at home, down from 7+3;
- No longer identify the close contacts of close contacts.
- People living in high-risk areas must spend 7 days at home, rather than at a centralized quarantine facility;
- Remove the “medium” risk category; only homes, workplaces and areas often frequented by someone infected will be deemed high-risk; all other areas are low-risk; high risk areas should mostly be confined to residential units or blocks, and cannot be extended at will;
- Workers in high-risk positions exiting closed-loop operations mush spend 5 days at home, down from 7 days at home or in a centralized isolation facility;
- Remove mass testing in most areas, with citywide tests given only when the source of infection is unknown;
- Scrap circuit breaker bans for incoming flights and reduce pre-flight PCR testing to one from two;
- Allow closed-loop systems to ease rules for business executives and sports stars;
- Set cycle threshold values at less than 35 to diagnose Covid in new arrivals;
- Cut quarantine for new arrivals to five days in a hotel and 3 at home, down from the previous 7+3.
- Increase health care resources, including hospital beds;
- Promote vaccine usage, especially booster shots for the elderly;
- Stockpile medicine and equipment to treat Covid;
- Determine the size of the population still at risk for Covid;
- React quickly to outbreaks to reduce size and duration needed for pandemic control;
- Halt excessive anti-Covid measures imposed by local governments;
- Provide adequate supplies and necessary medical care for people in quarantine;
- Improve pandemic control measures on school campuses;
- Implement pandemic control measures in industrial parks to ensure smooth supply chain operations;
- Arrange orderly departures for people who are stranded during lockdowns.
Please scan this QR code for more information.