Get Ready to Move!23 Aug 2022
Received your overseas assignment from your company or planning for an international move, and you should get ready to move! Feeling excited? Don’t know where to start? Let Asian Tigers break it down step-by-step in this brief, high-level outline:
1. Create a “shortlist” of movers:
- A good way is to ask your friends for their recommendations. Of course, we hope you’ll include us in this group.
- View google my business reviews
- Call each one to schedule an on-site or video survey.
2. Request an on-site or video Survey:
- This is critically important; you’ll get a feel – one way or the other – about how professional the moving company is, such as how they dress and speak.
- Ask questions of the surveyor, and expect he/she will, in turn, ask you many questions.
- Use one of the many moving checklists below to help you stay on top of things.
3. Be available on moving day
- Be at home when the movers arrive. In fact, be at home as much as you can during packing to answer questions as they pop up. It is normal to have questions pop up during packing.
- Communication is vital: What time will the crew arrive? What time will they leave? What’s lunch hour? What bathroom can they use?
4. Your goods are moving now…….
- We’ll be available to help you and answer questions as they arise.
- We’ll provide you with a regular update on shipping schedules, arrival dates, etc.
5. What to expect on delivery to your new home:
- We will unpack your goods for you, so relax.
- Again, it’s a good idea if you can be there when your goods arrive. You’ll be asked to sign the packing list to verify all boxes are present and accounted for.
- We will remove the debris. (Empty boxes and packing materials)
6. If you need ongoing support:
- Once delivery is finished, we will still be there to aid and assist you.
- Enjoy your new home and life’s next chapter.
If you would like assistance with shipping or relocation support, contact your local Asian Tigers office or reach out to us via our contact us. You’ll get the benefits of an accurate quote and identifying items to pack that you may not have even thought of that help you avoid unexpected expenses.
If you found this article interesting, you might also be interested in taking a look at: